The Best Simple Podcast Marketing Checklist for 2023
1 minutes read
Here we'll provide you with a simple checklist of marketing tactics to help you launch and promote your podcast effectively.
Whether you're just starting out or looking to improve your existing strategy, this checklist will provide you with the essential steps to help your podcast succeed.
Table of Contents
- Pre-Launch Checklist
- Launch Checklist
- New Episode Promotion Checklist
- On the Road to Podcast Marketing Success
- Choose a memorable name
- Create podcast artwork
- Record and edit your first episode
- Set up hosting and distribution. You can try Caproni for free
- Create a website. Comes included with Caproni
- Create social media accounts
- Publish your first episode
- Submit to directories and apps (Caproni does this for you)
- Reach out to your network for support and feedback
- Schedule social media posts to promote your podcast
New Episode Promotion Checklist
- Create promo art or video for the episode using Canva or Headliner
- Promote the new episode on your social media accounts using your promo art
Interact with fans on social media
- Reply to questions
- Thank people for likes and interaction
- Tag people who might be interested
- Encourage people to re-share your episode
- Ask for ratings and reviews
- Email your newsletter subscribers about your new episode
- If you have a Discord or Slack community promote your podcast there with your fans
For more details check out our guide on How to Market your Podcast on Social Media.
On the Road to Podcast Marketing Success
By following the checklist we've provided, you can launch and promote your podcast effectively and attract a loyal following of listeners.
If you follow our checklist consistently you'll be well on your way to achieving podcasting success in 2023 and beyond.